What you will find in this edition
- Feature: Bermuda Captive Insurance
- Business Tools: Offshore Business
- Business Psychology: Who is Ed Mylett & Why Care?
- Executive Fitness: 59 Year Old UK Bodybuilder & Coach
- International Spirits & Cuisine: Easter in Europe
- Living & Traveling Offshore: The Most Expensive Estate in Switzerland
- Corb7 International Services: Learning Center
Bermuda the Hub of Captive Insurance
Bermuda is home to more than half the world’s captive insurers with nearly $60 billion in assets and more than $16 billion in annual premiums. Located 650 miles east of Cape Hatteras or an hour and a half flight from New York City, this international financial center is one of the most prestigious business addresses in the world. It offers low taxes, political stability and a sophisticated business infrastructure. Bermuda represents the third largest insurance market only trailing the United States and the United Kingdom. This jurisdiction is also known for quality and straightforward business dealings. Scandals are rare, and their banking system is impeccable. Anyone interested in establishing an international business structure in this country should be prepared for substantial expense and disclosure. For example: each insurance applicant will need to provide background information and bank references to the Bermuda Monetary Authority. In addition, the captive business plan and strategy will be investigated by the Registrar of Companies. If, however, prestige is what you desire, this tropical haven should receive serious consideration.
In this edition of our periodical, we thought it important to highlight an upcoming conference in Bermuda, which brings some of the best in the captive insurance industry together once a year. We hope you find in helpful.
2018 Annual Captive Insurance Conference
When: June 11- 13, 2018
Offshore Business & The Templeton Effect
Almost any initial discuss of Offshore Business starts with the question – is it legal? The answer is always the same – yes, every country in the world needs to compete for Direct Foreign Investment and impeding international commerce always has dire consequences that even the most ardent bureaucrat can understand. Often, the follow-up will be more specific if the individual is contemplating establishing an offshore corporate structure. The question is usually something along the lines of; well, if I establish a bank over there can I solicit for deposits here? Again, the answer is always the same – no.
One of the best examples of how to mirror an onshore strategy with an offshore and thus legally have a presence in both market places is the Templeton Group. The founder, John Templeton was an investor and mutual fund pioneer who became a billionaire by promoting global diversification through his funds. .For more information click here. To this day, the Franklin Templeton Group frequently mirrors an onshore fund strategy (within the US) with an offshore fund often established in the Bahamas which offers more lenient regulatory environment. For more information click here.
Who is Ed Mylett & Why Care?
Click on the above video for an interesting & compelling business personality.
We found it motivational and well worth a quick review.
59 Year Old Fitness Coach
Renzo Algieri is a UK fitness coach / bodybuilder that took 20 years off between competitions and yet was still able to flourish. Now at age 59, his achievement is a chronicle of dedication and hard work, but his insights are what we found most interesting. We are convinced that every entrepreneur is a “Business-Athlete” – starting with your physical being each day, and that self-discipline is the one common denominator for accomplishment in business and lifestyle. Consequently, we thought this gentleman, who is not necessarily widely known, a very interesting profile.
Spirits & Cuisine
Easter & European Traditions
With Easter occurring this week, we felt it a great time to glance at the some of the traditions many in Europe will follow this Sunday. Above is one of the better presentations we found on the subject.
Living & Traveling Offshore
The Most Expensive Estate in Switzerland
This week we wanted to have a little fun with the Living & Traveling Offshore section of our newsletter.
So, when we tripped over this video, it was a natural to share.
Our Roles & Services to Assist You:
– Challenging Traditional Thought to Gain Elite Performance –
* STRUCTURE: Working on your behalf as an International Business Advisory we target acquisitions and corporate structures which will reduce regulatory red-tape, lower costs, raise capital or open new avenues to profit.
* INFORM: Geared to our entrepreneurial readership, our weekly newsletter and blog is uniquely educational and entertaining. We also have published two books which are available online.
* INSPIRE: We have always been and remain to this day a stanch believer in free markets and the entrepreneurial spirit. To that end, we frequently publish or share information which is intended to either inspire or enlighten.
* Free E- Book: “The Complete Guide to Swiss Trust Company Ownership”
Click Here for Your Free Copy
* Swiss Trust Company Tutorial Video:
Click Here to Watch Video
Swiss Trust Company Introductory Video:
Click Here to Watch Video
Vision Magazine Publications:
Click Here to Read
Previous Corb7 Newsletters:
Click Here to Read